Workshop Information for Teachers
Sunshine Beaders workshops run over 3 days with both morning and afternoon sessions. Each workshop will be 3 ½ hours in duration. Morning sessions are from 8.30am to 12.00pm and the afternoon sessions run from 2.00pm to 5.30pm.
Workshop sizes are restricted to 6 students per workshop, ensuring teachers give quality tuition to their students.
The cost of each workshop is $60 per student, with a reduced rate of $50 offered to members. Teachers will receive a tuition fee of $45 per student regardless of whether or not the students are members or non-members. The balance is used by Sunshine Beaders to cover the running costs and organisation of the event.
The cost of the kit and workshop materials is set by the teacher. The committee asks that you consider value for money when setting your costs. Teachers will receive payment for their tuition and kits, after the event. A list of your student enrolment details will be provided, via email, after the closing date for workshops.
Sunshine Beaders offers payment for the workshops, through the website. Square is used as our EFTPOS provider.
- Kits should be made available for all workshops. Some exceptions may apply.
- A detailed list of tools or requirements is to be supplied.
- Written instructions are to be comprehensive, allowing students the information to complete their projects.
- Teachers are required to be well prepared and set up for each workshop to begin on time.
- All workshops are to be delivered in a professional manner.
- It is a condition of teaching at a Sunshine Beaders WWE that you are a financial member of the group.
- If you are teaching another designers pattern you will need to provide a license, or written permission to Sunshine Beaders at the time of your submission.
Submit your workshop. Once you have submitted your workshop through this tab, your completed piece needs to be sent to the President (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or message for the address. The closing date for the 2021 event is 31/01/2021. The committee will meet to assess all submissions and then photograph the successful applications for the website workshop booking form. All teachers are to provide Sunshine Beaders with a biography and photo of themselves, so that you can be listed in the list of teachers. By submitting your workshop, you agree to this procedure.
Please fill in separate submissions if you are submitting more than one workshop.
If you have session preferences please advise.
All teachers and members have the opportunity to hold a pop-up shop on any of the workshop days. The fee is $20 per day or $50 for the three days. Table numbers are limited so book early. The pop-up shops run between 12.30pm & 1.30pm.